JG International School
JGIS was founded in 2004 to realize the vision of creating a school where young children emerge as global citizens of tomorrow. This has manifested into a set of values and effective pedagogical practices that enable students to discover their inherent potential.
JG International School (JGIS) is governed by ASIA Charitable Trust (ACT),established in 1965 .The trust also owns and manages 20 colleges offering Bachelors and Masters Programmes in Education, Commerce, Management, Information Technology, Performing Arts, Physiotherapy, Nursing etc.
Situated in the heart of Ahmedabad, JGIS has wide open spaces and green lawns, out- door and indoor sports arenas, music and art rooms and an innovative play-park .Air conditioned and technology-enabled classrooms, fully equipped laboratories, Visual Art studio, library, health-center, auditorium, dining and boys’ hostel make it the school of first choice in the city.
Our tag line says “a class apart”. What makes us unique? Different? It is the Joy that permeates every nook and cranny of our campus. Right from the corridors to the learning stations and the playground we see happy faces not just of the children but of all the stake holders. If Bhutan is the only country in the world that focuses on GNH, JGIS is probably the only school which focuses on the happiness index of each stake holder. I believe Learning and growth will happen when all stake holders are happy. Each JGIS student I can confidently say is Joyful, Grounded in reality, Innovator and a Social change maker.
J - Joyful
G- Grounded in reality
I – Innovator
S – Social change maker
We deliver a world class education through equal emphasis on academics and co- curricular activities. By providing an appropriate mix of knowledge, skill and attitudes the school nurtures unique talents, individual and collective, that find meaningful expression in myriad ways. “Do only what benefits students at all times” is the philosophy that guides the school.
Internatinal Baccalaureate (IB) - Diploma Programme - IBDP
Cambridge International Examinaitons (CIE)
Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE)
The learning environment at JGIS is student-friendly and purpose-driven. Intellectual curiosity, creative reasoning, and enthusiasm in teachers and students are encouraged alike resulting in meaningful interactive sessions. Pedagogy is aligned to the principles and practices of respective boards .The curriculum in the Pre Primary is based broadly on Montessori methods and Reggio Emilia approach while from Class 1 to class VI is an integrated curriculum encompassing the elements of both CPC(Cambridge primary check point) and CISCE to enable students to prepare for either of the examinations and subsequently adopt the respective board from class VII. Post class X, students can opt for ISC, CIE- AS & A levels or IBDP.
World class Faculty, Trained and Experienced. Teachers of JGIS are known for their scholastic brilliance as well as the one to one relationship they establish with every student. They are regularly trained in content as well as pedagogy. Those teaching IBDP and CIE are trained in India and abroad.
Spectrum of co-curricular activities; well balanced with academic rigour.Our students have excelled in both academics as well as Co-curricular activities. The school has achieved distinction at International level, National Level and state levels. The world topper in in ICT in CIE Master Karan and the State Topper in ISC Master Yashvardhan Bagadia are two examples. Two of ours students Master Yash Baid and Master Vishva Patel have been awarded the “ Best Sports person of Gujarat” they are. Ms. Mallika Patel the first ever National Girls football team is yet another achiever. Ms.Geetanjali Pandey has also won the Sardar Patel award for the best swimmer of Gujarat.World class Faculty, Trained and Experienced. Teachers of JGIS are known for their scholastic brilliance as well as the one to one relationship they establish with every student. They are regularly trained in content as well as pedagogy. Those teaching IBDP and CIE are trained in India and abroad.
Economic Times under their initiative “Best School Brand” conducted a survey PAN India. As a part of survey they interacted with stakeholders of various schools and selected a few schools under this category. These schools were awarded “Best School Brands 2016” for being a symbol of excellence in school. We take pride in announcing that JGIS is the only school in Gujarat to be bestowed with “Best School Brand 2016” award.
- Technology & Wi-Fi enabled campus.
- Day boarding and Residential.
- Compulsory reading period in the morning every day.
- Little homework at home and no burden of carrying books to school.
- Process more important than Result. Do-it-as-you-like-it approach.
- In-service teacher training.
- Annual school magazine - 'About us'.
- Quarterly newsletter. 'What's Up!
- Full-time nurse and medical room with routine medical check-up for all, Doctor on call.
- Regular medical check-up by a team of Specialist Doctors.
- Disaster Management policy with regular drills.
- School Garba -- 2018
- Inter House Hindi Recitation ( Classes I to IV ) - 2018
- Field Trip of Nursery to 5 acres
- Field trip of class III to NEPRA - 2018
- Class Activity (IV) - 2018
- Grand Parents' Day (Class I and II) - 2018
- Grand Parents' Day (Class III and IV) - 2018
- Field Trip to Kullu- Manali (Class IX & X) - 2018
- Moms and Dads at School (Pre-primary) 2018
- Inter House Hindi Declamation Competition - 2018
- Field trip of Sr.KG to Khoj Musuem - 2018
- Fancy Dress Show (Pre-Primary) - 2018
- Inter House Quiz Competition -2018
- Teachers' Day Celebration -2018
- Inter-House One Act Play Competition - 2018
- Janmashtami Celebration - 2018
- University visit at JGIS - 2018
- Inter house Just a minute Competition - 2018
- Presentation by Class III- Water (2018)
- 72nd Independence Day Celebration - 2018
- Inter House English Declamation - 2018
- Cartoon Character Coming Alive at JGIS - 2018
- Visit to Fire Station, Memnagar - 2018
- Visit to Shreyas Toys Museum - 2018
- Presentation by Class I - 2018