Curriculum & Teaching Methodology
JGIS is affiliated to IB (International Baccalaureate), CIE (Cambridge International Examinations, UK) and CISCE (Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations) New Delhi.
The curriculum from Nursery to Class VI is designed to enable students to prepare for either of the examinations and subsequently adopt the respective board from class VII onwards.
The prime consideration of the school is to maintain a positive learning environment in which pupils can learn, develop and progress. Learning is encouraged by providing a broad and balanced curriculum. This enables children to develop their potential to the maximum. English is the medium of instruction. All efforts are made to ensure that every child converses in English on the campus.
A thematic approach is followed in the Pre-Primary and Junior sections. Evaluation is a continuous process. Grades are awarded and reports are sent to parents once a term ends so are the answer sheets. A homework period provides for revision and remedial help.
JGIS is an inclusive school. There is a special educator to take care of special needs children. Regular field trips and expeditions help children develop a sense of what is real and inspire discovery.
JGIS instills in students the right values and teaches them to care for the community. Planned interactions with students of special schools and orphanages form an integral part of the school curriculum - so does adult education.
The school works closely with the Centre for Environment Education to sensitize them to environmental concerns. They are trained to care and protect environment. Students regularly participate in clean and green campaigns.
Every staff member is carefully selected and trained to adopt modern and appropriate teaching methodology. Continuous training keeps the staff abreast of changing trends in the field of education and also provides scope for individual growth. Every teacher is an important team member who knows children as individuals and gives close personal attention and support to help them to be confident and proud of what they are.
"It is the supreme art of teachers to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." - Albert Einstein
At school children learn to learn from its carefully created environment. The student friendly infrastructure, loving and caring staff and an enabling atmosphere makes learning both enriching and rewarding.
The joy of learning that JGIS provides makes the experience of every student quite memorable.
Our teachers always tell our students
"enjoy the process...school is fun...you will of course, learn; we are with you".
Photo Gallery for Curriculum & Teaching Methodology
- Health Awareness Talk
- School Garba -- 2018
- Inter House Hindi Recitation ( Classes I to IV ) - 2018
- Field Trip of Nursery to 5 acres
- Field Trip to Post Office by Class III - 2018
- Class Activity (IV) - 2018
- Field trip of class III to NEPRA - 2018
- Grand Parents' Day (Class III and IV) - 2018
- Grand Parents' Day (Class I and II) - 2018
- Field Trip to Kullu- Manali (Class IX & X) - 2018
- Moms and Dads at School (Pre-primary) 2018
- Inter House Hindi Declamation Competition - 2018
- Field trip of Sr.KG to Khoj Musuem - 2018
- Fancy Dress Show (Pre-Primary) - 2018
- Inter House Quiz Competition -2018
- Teachers' Day Celebration -2018
- Inter-House One Act Play Competition - 2018
- Janmashtami Celebration - 2018
- University visit at JGIS - 2018
- Inter house Just a minute Competition - 2018
- Presentation by Class III- Water (2018)
- 72nd Independence Day Celebration - 2018
- Inter House English Declamation - 2018
- Cartoon Character Coming Alive at JGIS - 2018
- Visit to Shreyas Toys Museum - 2018