Our learning programme focuses on teaching the basics of numeracy, literacy, music, art and language to the students. It also promotes students' social, emotional, intellectual and physical development to prepare them for primary education.
English Language Arts:
The school curriculum caters to English language development through listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Listening and Speaking
- Students listen, comprehend and respond to the oral communication. They speak in short simple sentences.
- Students retell stories and deliver oral presentations about their experiences and share their ideas.
- Students know about Phonics, letters, key words and sight words. They apply this knowledge to read simple sentences.
- Strategies like 'word splash' and 'object talk' along with many others are done to build vocabulary.
- Students write words and brief sentences that are legible.
Students understand small numbers, quantities and simple shapes in their everyday environment. They count, compare, describe and sort objects. They can create patterns, problem solving strategies and applications, addition and subtraction.
- Scientific temperament and inquiry based skills are developed through hands on experience.
- Scientific progress is made by encouraging students to ask meaningful questions and conduct careful investigations.
- They learn about:
- Different kind of textures or material through observation and identification.
- Different kind of plants and animals that inhabit the earth.
- Different modes of transport on land, air and water.
- Different planets and how they move in space.
- Concepts of push and pull, float and sink, wet and dry, heavy and light, living and non-living things.