We follow the thematic approach where learning revolves around a theme which helps in making connections between curriculum subjects thereby providing holistic learning. We provide an enquiry-based language-rich approach to learning with an international focus emphasizing on a strong literacy and numeracy foundation from which all learning can grow. Students receive instruction in the following curriculum areas:
The school curriculum caters to English language development through listening, speaking, reading and writing, which leads towards developing thinking-skills and encouraging intellectual engagement.
Listening and Speaking
- Listening and Speaking strategies
Students listen carefully to questions and instructions and respond appropriately. They speak clearly to express their feelings and ideas.
- Speaking Applications
Students extend ideas and experiences through role play, deliver brief recitations and oral presentations about familiar experiences and interests, demonstrating command over language competency.
- Word Analysis, Fluency and Systematic Vocabulary Development
Students learn about letters, words and sounds. Many opportunities for revising these words and using them in personalized, meaningful ways are woven into activities. They apply this knowledge of phonemes and spelling patterns in writing independently.
- Reading Comprehension
Students identify the basic facts and ideas they have read, heard or viewed. They use comprehension strategies [eg. generating and responding to questions, comparing new information to what is already known]
- Literary Response and Analysis
Students listen and respond to :
Fiction and Poetry: real life stories, traditional tales from different cultures, fantasy stories, poetry and plays. Non-fiction: non-chronological report, simple recount, instructions.
- Writing Strategies
Students write words and brief sentences to express themselves. They write on a given topic in paragraphs which includes different types of writing-Topic writing, Creative writing,Narrative Writing, Descriptive writing, Letter writing, Dairy entry, Daily journal and Report writing.
- Written and Oral English Language Conventions
Students write and speak with a command of Standard English Conventions.
- Students count in twos, fives, tens, fifties, hundreds and thousands. They use grouping for the same to count larger groups of objects.
- Understand and describe addition, subtraction, multiplication and division up to 7-digit numbers with the help of number bonds and number grids.
- Know what each digit represents in two-digit numbers up to seven digit numbers; partition into units, tens, hundreds, thousands, ten thousands, lakhs and ten Lakhs.
- Can represent the numbers in International System of Numeration.
- Students learn to deal with money using all four mathematical operations through mock shops and hands on experience of Landing money by visiting local stores.
- Can understand and explain the application of decimal in money (in relation with representing money in decimal notation form.)
- Students understand and explain fraction as a part of whole.
Time and Calendar
- Students learn to read clock in both 12-hour and 24-hour formats.
- Understand and explain the relation between hour, minutes and seconds. They also learn to convert time in all the three forms.
- Compare lengths, widths, heights and weights by direct comparison, then by using uniform non-standard units.
- Apply all four mathematical operations for calculating the size, weight and capacity of an object.
Geometry (2D and Symmetry)
- Students identify common 2D objects in their environment and describe the geometric features.
- Learn to identify symmetrical objects and different components of symmetry (point of symmetry and line of symmetry).
- Understand and can construct different types of angles and triangles.
- Learn and apply the concept of area and perimeter.
Data Handling-Graphics Organizers
- Students answer a question by sorting and organizing data or objects in different ways, using Bar graph Pictograph and Venn diagram.
- Students chose appropriate strategies to carry out calculations and show the steps.
Inquiry-based learning through Investigation and Experimentation
- Scientific enquiry is built by asking meaningful questions, conducting careful investigations by collecting evidences, recording observations, making predictions and explaining the outcomes.
- Identify different light sources including sun.
- Study of Solar System and other celestial bodies.
- Identify many sources of sound.
- Recognize the components of simple circuits involving cells.
- Learn about natural and man-made materials and also learn to sort them as per their properties.
- Classify things into groups, using simple features and describe rationale for groupings.
- Identify similarities and differences in the environment and how it affects plants and animals.
- Learn about different human body systems.
- Students understand that history relates to events, people and places of other times.
- Students put events in temporal order using a calendar, placing days, weeks and months in proper order.
- Students compare and contrast the location of people, places and environment and describe their characteristics using tools like maps and globe.
- School Garba -- 2018
- Inter House Hindi Recitation ( Classes I to IV ) - 2018
- Field Trip of Nursery to 5 acres
- Field trip of class III to NEPRA - 2018
- Class Activity (IV) - 2018
- Grand Parents' Day (Class I and II) - 2018
- Grand Parents' Day (Class III and IV) - 2018
- Field Trip to Kullu- Manali (Class IX & X) - 2018
- Moms and Dads at School (Pre-primary) 2018
- Inter House Hindi Declamation Competition - 2018
- Field trip of Sr.KG to Khoj Musuem - 2018
- Fancy Dress Show (Pre-Primary) - 2018
- Inter House Quiz Competition -2018
- Teachers' Day Celebration -2018
- Inter-House One Act Play Competition - 2018
- Janmashtami Celebration - 2018
- University visit at JGIS - 2018
- Inter house Just a minute Competition - 2018
- Presentation by Class III- Water (2018)
- 72nd Independence Day Celebration - 2018
- Inter House English Declamation - 2018
- Cartoon Character Coming Alive at JGIS - 2018
- Visit to Fire Station, Memnagar - 2018
- Visit to Shreyas Toys Museum - 2018
- Presentation by Class I - 2018