On the fine morning of 01st July 2016, the deserving young talents of our school were bestowed with the responsibility of leading their school with their commitment, confidence and competence. The investiture ceremony thus marked the inaugural of the senior student council for the academic session 2016-17.
Inter House English Recitation competition for the year 2016-17 was held on 15th July 2016. The competition was conducted for two categories, the junior category having participants from grade V & VI and the senior category having participants from grade VII & VIII. Teachers in charge were Sindhu Sudhir, Jagruti Joshi and Suman Deswal. Judges for junior category were Ajay Nair & Shilpa Thakkar and for senior category were Vidhi Trivedi & Aishwarya Patel. Scorers were Bindu Raphael and Shila Singh.
JGIS organized ‘Poems Out Loud-2016-17’ – Inter-school Poetry Recitation Competition on 22nd July, 2016. 25 reputed schools participated in this competition.
The competition was held in three categories: (a) Sub-junior: grades 4-5, (b) Junior: grades 6-7 and (c) Senior: 8-9.
The Judges were Ms. Uma Oza, Ms. Shalvi Agarwal, Mr. Bijoy Shivram, Ms. Beena Handa, Mr. Sudhir Kulkarni, Dr. Nutan Kotak, Dr. Indira Nityanandam and Ms. Mana Yagnik.
The English Declamation Competition was held on the 29th of July, 2016. Young talents rose to the occasion as they delivered famous speeches by popular personalities. The students were judged on the following criteria: Memorization, selection, diction, eye contact, ability to hold attention, and overall effectiveness. The judges for the day were Ms. Kavitha Rajesh and Ms. Neelam Rathi. Krushy Acharya and Nilay Shah bagged the 1st position in the sub-junior and the junior category respectively.
The Inter-House Debate (2016-17) was organised on 29th July 2016. The topic for the debate was: “Corruption, the abuse of public power for private gain cannot be eradicated.” The event was adjudicated by Mr T Thavamani, Mr Uday Tanna, and Ms Anu John. The debate required the students to defend their stance in their talk and engage with the questions from fellow participants during the rebuttal. Each participant was judged on the content and delivery of their talk. Soham Nayak of A-level secured the 1st position. Yashas Samtani of grade IX A (IGCSE) secured the second position.
- Inter House Hindi Recitation ( Classes I to IV ) - 2018
- Field trip of class III to NEPRA - 2018
- Grand Parents' Day (Class III and IV) - 2018
- Grand Parents' Day (Class I and II) - 2018
- Field Trip to Kullu- Manali (Class IX & X) - 2018
- Moms and Dads at School (Pre-primary) 2018
- Inter House Hindi Declamation Competition - 2018
- Field trip of Sr.KG to Khoj Musuem - 2018
- Fancy Dress Show (Pre-Primary) - 2018
- Inter House Quiz Competition -2018
- Teachers' Day Celebration -2018
- Janmashtami Celebration - 2018
- Inter-House One Act Play Competition - 2018
- University visit at JGIS - 2018
- Inter house Just a minute Competition - 2018
- Presentation by Class III- Water (2018)
- 72nd Independence Day Celebration - 2018
- Visit to Shreyas Toys Museum - 2018
- Inter House English Declamation - 2018
- Cartoon Character Coming Alive at JGIS - 2018
- Visit to Fire Station, Memnagar - 2018
- Presentation by Class I - 2018
- Presentation on Constitution - 2018
- Presentation by class IV - 2018
- Visit to Mongiland - 2018