“Dream is not the thing that you see in sleep but is that thing that doesn’t let you sleep”- A P J Abdul Kalam Students of Class 1 Venus put up a presentation on the topic -“DREAMS” through a skit and dance. A very important message was conveyed; Dreams gives us a channel to work. The road to our dreams is not easy it is covered with obstacles but we can follow our dreams through hard work and determination. It was an amazing performance done by the students and appreciated by all.
Independence Day was celebrated with great fervor on 15th August, 2017. The theme for the day was ‘Dastan e KargiI’. The programme was initiated with a welcome speech by the Principal Ms. Kavita Sharma. The national flag was hoisted by the chairman of our school followed by the National Anthem. Then everyone proceeded to the auditorium and we had our theme performed there by a group of academic, non-academic staff and students.
Children of Sr. Kg Marigold and Sr. Kg Jasmine went to Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre on Thursday 10/08/17 as part of their theme ‘The Universe’. They saw Rocket Launcher and a 3D film on space. Audio Visuals on life in space was also shown. The children were delighted to see the exhibition. They went during the school hours. They sang poems on their way towards the Centre. It was an enjoyable and educational experience for the children. This trip will help the children retain the theme better. It also helped in building vocabulary. Social skills were developed.
Inter House quiz competition for the year 2017-18 was held on 18th August 2017. The competition was conducted for two categories, the Junior category having participants from grade V to VIII and the Senior category having participants from grade IX to XII. Each group had 3 participants. The Junior Quiz was conducted by Ms. Sujata Dastidar and the Senior quiz was conducted by Ms. Kavitha Rajesh. Scorers were Ms. Vijayalalitha and Ms. Shila Singh. Ms. Devashri Dave and Ms. Falguni Desai made the necessary arrangements for the competition.
JGIS aims to make its students global citizens. Students are inspired in various ways, not only to develop a sense of community but also to give back to the society. With this noble objective in mind, JGIS organised its first session of ‘Adult Education’ on 19th August, 2017 wherein a group of 22 students spent an hour teaching the D-staff of the school. Shreya Jha (IBDP II), Aayushi Patel (A Level) and Isha Hudda (A Level) are in charge of this endeavour. They are supported by the teachers of the English Department.
Our Principal, Ms. Kavita Sharma conducted a session on ‘Upayoga’ on 19th August, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. The session aimed at the health and well-being of the staff-members, was guided by the visual stimulus of the video that revolved around the basic yoga exercises. The staff-members had an invigorating one-and-half-hour-session that proved to be quite refreshing for all its participants.
The Better Citizen initiative of JGIS organized an awareness session on Rally for Rivers on 11th August 2017, Friday from 8:00 am to 8:40 am for students of classes 1 to 8 and for students from grades 9 to 12 on 16th August 2017. Rally For Rivers is a breakthrough campaign launched by Isha Foundation to save the life lines of this country and to revive our rivers . The importance of water in our life and the grave plight of rivers with 25% of India turning into a desert, was highlighted during the session.
- 1 of 2
- next ›
- Health Awareness Talk
- School Garba -- 2018
- Inter House Hindi Recitation ( Classes I to IV ) - 2018
- Field Trip of Nursery to 5 acres
- Field Trip to Post Office by Class III - 2018
- Class Activity (IV) - 2018
- Field trip of class III to NEPRA - 2018
- Grand Parents' Day (Class III and IV) - 2018
- Grand Parents' Day (Class I and II) - 2018
- Field Trip to Kullu- Manali (Class IX & X) - 2018
- Moms and Dads at School (Pre-primary) 2018
- Inter House Hindi Declamation Competition - 2018
- Field trip of Sr.KG to Khoj Musuem - 2018
- Fancy Dress Show (Pre-Primary) - 2018
- Inter House Quiz Competition -2018
- Teachers' Day Celebration -2018
- Inter-House One Act Play Competition - 2018
- Janmashtami Celebration - 2018
- University visit at JGIS - 2018
- Inter house Just a minute Competition - 2018
- Presentation by Class III- Water (2018)
- 72nd Independence Day Celebration - 2018
- Inter House English Declamation - 2018
- Cartoon Character Coming Alive at JGIS - 2018
- Visit to Shreyas Toys Museum - 2018